
<
I was introduced to this idea of a blog from a couple of friends that we have made over here in England and thought it is such a great way for everyone to see what Curt and I have been up to while we are living overseas. So much as happened since we moved here back in March of 2005! It's slowly approaching 3 years and I can't believe how quickly time has flown by since we set up our home here in Europe. Because I wouldn't want to bore you on the many details of everything we have done, I will go ahead and mention some of the bigger things! Let's see, so far we have traveled to France, Belgium, Ireland, Denmark, Scotland, Greece, Germany, Italy and Wales! There are a couple trips that we are really hoping to squeeze in here before we move back to the states but only time will tell if we can make it happen! Work keeps Curt and I pretty busy these days but thankfully, we wouldn't have it any other way. I love working in an elementary school and lord knows Curt loves flying...so we are really thankful that we have the opportunity to do what we love even though we are an ocean away from home.

While living overseas we have both found a passion in antique furniture and are slowly picking out some fantastic pieces that date all the way back to the early 1800's to furnish a guest bedroom. We do have to compromise some as Curt really likes the intricate wood carvings on the pieces and although they are unique, sometimes the gargoyle faces can be a little creepy! :) I have started a really great pottery collection of pieces from the famous Stoke-on-Trent. Lots of pieces from Burleigh (my fave!!!) and Portmerion. I am adding to my "Holly and Berry" Christmas set every couple months and hopefully we can add a couple more things before we move back to the US! Finally, we were able to get a lots of things from the famous Henry Watson collection and the neat thing about those pieces is they are made in Suffolk county where we are currently living. I'm so glad we are going to have all these amazing souvenirs to take back to the states when we move next winter!!!
Curt just finished up his second deployment in the mid-east and I couldn't be more proud of him. Although I miss him terribly when he's away, I know that he is doing an amazing thing out there and I just pray for his safe return. Thankfully technology these days let us keep in touch pretty much on a daily basis. Lots of emails over those 4 months!!! :)
Since he has been home he took part in ANOTHER half marathon and then just ran his first full Marathon in Greece--the home of the original marathon. I am so proud of him and he's so happy he got to be apart of history. I think some day I will try and run a marathon of my own....someday. :) Other than that, he is working hard in the squadron and taking life day by day...the best way to go!

We have been living in a farmhouse here in England and we absolutely love it. It's been completely renovated on the inside but everything on the outside is original. It's so cool to live in the country side in an old house....just what we were looking for when we first got here, so we had to do it! Although I love this house, I am looking forward to some of the luxuries of living in the states again. Things like american outlets, screens in the windows, and most importantly...air conditioning!!! It's the little things we miss, I guess.
My family is going to be coming out to visit me sometime next summer. We're not sure where are travels will take us but I have a feeling it will be all over England and then off to Ireland!! (How could they NOT see Ireland....it's BEAUTIFUL! So beautiful, Curt and I have been there twice!) I'm really excited to have them come out and see some of the things we have been telling them about since we have moved here.
Well, I'll attach a couple pictures just for fun! Until next time....
I was introduced to this idea of a blog from a couple of friends that we have made over here in England and thought it is such a great way for everyone to see what Curt and I have been up to while we are living overseas. So much as happened since we moved here back in March of 2005! It's slowly approaching 3 years and I can't believe how quickly time has flown by since we set up our home here in Europe. Because I wouldn't want to bore you on the many details of everything we have done, I will go ahead and mention some of the bigger things! Let's see, so far we have traveled to France, Belgium, Ireland, Denmark, Scotland, Greece, Germany, Italy and Wales! There are a couple trips that we are really hoping to squeeze in here before we move back to the states but only time will tell if we can make it happen! Work keeps Curt and I pretty busy these days but thankfully, we wouldn't have it any other way. I love working in an elementary school and lord knows Curt loves flying...so we are really thankful that we have the opportunity to do what we love even though we are an ocean away from home.
While living overseas we have both found a passion in antique furniture and are slowly picking out some fantastic pieces that date all the way back to the early 1800's to furnish a guest bedroom. We do have to compromise some as Curt really likes the intricate wood carvings on the pieces and although they are unique, sometimes the gargoyle faces can be a little creepy! :) I have started a really great pottery collection of pieces from the famous Stoke-on-Trent. Lots of pieces from Burleigh (my fave!!!) and Portmerion. I am adding to my "Holly and Berry" Christmas set every couple months and hopefully we can add a couple more things before we move back to the US! Finally, we were able to get a lots of things from the famous Henry Watson collection and the neat thing about those pieces is they are made in Suffolk county where we are currently living. I'm so glad we are going to have all these amazing souvenirs to take back to the states when we move next winter!!!
Curt just finished up his second deployment in the mid-east and I couldn't be more proud of him. Although I miss him terribly when he's away, I know that he is doing an amazing thing out there and I just pray for his safe return. Thankfully technology these days let us keep in touch pretty much on a daily basis. Lots of emails over those 4 months!!! :)
Since he has been home he took part in ANOTHER half marathon and then just ran his first full Marathon in Greece--the home of the original marathon. I am so proud of him and he's so happy he got to be apart of history. I think some day I will try and run a marathon of my own....someday. :) Other than that, he is working hard in the squadron and taking life day by day...the best way to go!
We have been living in a farmhouse here in England and we absolutely love it. It's been completely renovated on the inside but everything on the outside is original. It's so cool to live in the country side in an old house....just what we were looking for when we first got here, so we had to do it! Although I love this house, I am looking forward to some of the luxuries of living in the states again. Things like american outlets, screens in the windows, and most importantly...air conditioning!!! It's the little things we miss, I guess.
My family is going to be coming out to visit me sometime next summer. We're not sure where are travels will take us but I have a feeling it will be all over England and then off to Ireland!! (How could they NOT see Ireland....it's BEAUTIFUL! So beautiful, Curt and I have been there twice!) I'm really excited to have them come out and see some of the things we have been telling them about since we have moved here.
Well, I'll attach a couple pictures just for fun! Until next time....

3 comments:
Moe~ Great job on the blog! i was just thinking about you hoping all was well!
What a great idea, Maureen! It is wonderful to read all about your adventures over there. Talk to ya soon :)
Thanks so much for sending this! It is a really great way to see and hear about what is going on with you. Hope all is well and keep in touch!
Post a Comment