Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Teach Me Somethin' New!


I love teaching Ava new things because I'm constantly amazed at how quickly she can learn things and even more importantly, retain whatever it was that I was showing her. About a week or so ago I said, "Ava, how old is Ava?" Of course, she looks at me like I have three heads, so I tell her, "You're one!" and I hold up my pointer finger while doing so. Well, ever since then when you ask Ava how old she is, she points her little finger to the sky and as of today she also says proudly, "one!".

Impressed.

Then again, she has been creeping over to the window lately and attempting to eat the wood around it. Oh, and she loves walking through the house making a "fishy face".

So...


This photo above is kinda funny because as you can see she was watching Curt mow the lawn for a good 30 minutes from her bedroom window. She kept calling his name but didn't realize there was no way he could hear or even see her. She tried to climb out the window but again, unsuccessful. Guess she'll just have to play with boring ol' Mommy...



PS: Sorry I love bragging about my kid so much lately. She also has tantrums daily ( usually involving whether or not she is required to wear clothes that day, as seen in the above pictures) and we're going through a lovely "hitting" phase as well. That, of course, isn't as fun to brag about.

1 comment:

Segal Party of 4 said...

Just spent some time getting caught up on your blog. Love the updates. Miss Ava is just precious...I love all her little stories. Hope this finds you guys doing well!

Sorry to hear about Curt's long hours. Does it ever end for these guys? Scott's back in AETC and he still works some pretty crappy hours. I try to just focus on being happy that he has a job but that doesn't always work. :)