Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hello? Anybody Out There???

So, I've totally been neglecting my blog lately and I wish I had a good reason!!! I really don't... I blame it on sheer laziness (which, by the way, I'M ENTITLED TO!) and all of my "free" time being devoted to Ava. So, as SJP would say, "Put that in your pipe and smoke it!".

Here are a few things that have been on my mind lately...

1. I think I might go out and buy me a ONE PIECE bathing suit. Ugh. Has it really come to this? Do I really feel the need to cover up the smushy mess that is my mid section. Ummmm, yea. This summer, I do. I hear Juicy has some cute ones, as well as JCrew. More to come on how I'm officially becoming a "Mom" with my one piece bathing suit. After a good coat of Sun Laboratories, thanks to my bloggie friend Shasta!, and I will be feeling pretty good about myself on the beach in a few weeks.

2. I'm IN LOVE with our new car. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!! Plus, our dealer is an ex-ranger and a HUGE F15E buff so he was super pumped to sell us the car. He can't wait to meet Curt, like he's "famous" or something.

3. Our 10 yearhigh school reunion is in a few weeks and I'm really excited to go. Shame on you if you don't want to go!!! (Just kidding, as most of my closest friends aren't going.) Me, I think it's great to go back and meet up with everyone who we "grew up" with. OUr graduation class was huge, to say the least. I'm extra excited because it's SEMI FORMAL!!! Hell YEA!!!! I love getting all dressed up. I bought a dress for the occasion (well, TWO!), but I can't decide which one to wear. Which do you think is better??? I'm leaning towards the white and black??? Both BCBG. Both awesome.



4. Ava is fantastic. We had her 9 mos appointment and basically she's growing and gaining weight, and all the other good things she's supposed to be doing...well, she's doing them.

Exact digits? Here ya go:
Height: 28.5 in (71%)
Weight: 19 lbs 11oz (55%)
Head: 18.4 (97%)

She was spared the shots this trip but she did get a quick poke in her heel to check for anemia, and low and behold, she was a tad low on their count. Boo! The Doc said b/c she was breast fed for so long there is a chance that this was the reason her iron was so low. The fact that I was anemic while prego didn't help either. She did reassure me that it's quite common in infants (breast fed, or not!) and just to get her levels back up we were putting her on a poly vitamin with iron. Good stuff! I'm glad she's back on the vitamins because once we left England I was out of luck on my prescription for her. Her old vitamin sript didn't include Iron so that didn't help. What also isn't great is the fact that she might be the pickiest eater, EVER! Thanks to her dear old Dad for her dislike in most veggies. What's weird is that she doesn't like most veggies alone, but she will eat them when they're all combined together. Yea...I dunno either. We've started getting her into some real fruits liked smashed bananas and such...No Dice as of right now. Lots of gagging and yelling. FUN. We're working on it though. She finally LOVES the gerber puffs and once upon a time she hated them with a passion, so we still have hope!!!

5. Hmmm, what else. I miss Curt like freakin' crazy and even though we're used to this "long distance" stuff, it never gets any easier. Talking via webcam every few days due to long hours and time changes just isn't the same as being in the same room. Nope. Nope it's not. I am still really proud of him and so happy that he is where he wants to be. :)

6. We keep meaning to get an elliptical machine so I can have a place to get my "junk" out of the "trunk" and back to it's teeny, tiny self, but it's taken the back burner to things like raising my child and sleeping. Eh, what else is new.

7. I hate the summer with a passion and am looking forward to fall so much that I went out and bought a cinnamon scented Yankee Candle and while wearing a sweat shirt in our nicely air conditioned house, I lit that sucker and shopped for sweaters and Uggs online and pretended it was cold outside. Delusional? Absolutely. It's what I like to call, "My Happy Place".

8. I'm getting ready to officially look for a house in NC and it's super exciting. A HOUSE OF OUR OWN, PEOPLE!!! We'll be married 5 years this September and we have yet to call a place our own. It's some exciting stuff. Most houses for sale in G'boro have some horrendous decorating and it's really hard to look past. Note: painting your house in every color of the rainbow is NOT cute. Not even a little bit. Oh, and don't even get me started on the wall paper and carpeting. So, so bad. We're looking for a new build with NO previous owners. Help!!!

9. And ya know..."yadda, yadda, yadda", that's all I got.

As my future North Carolina neighbors would say, "Good Night, Y'all!"

*****Oh, and I didn't proof read. My high school English teachers would be SO proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Jennifer Magreevy said...

Reading your post was like visiting the past two to three months with Cameron. Hmmm...hated veggies, but eats them in groups? Hated Gerber puffs? Check Check! Hated mushy fruit? Check! Fortunately he's passed by all of those stages and will eat anything I put in front of him. Of course, if Cheerios are involved, the little brat will move everything around to FIND the Cheerios, eat them all, and then pound on his high chair to show me he needs more Cheerios...regardless of what is left there. :) Glad Ava is growing well! Cameron is about the same size (bigger in weight but shorter in height...and we all know the kid has a huge noggin!), its a shame we don't live closer so they could hang out!

Angie said...

Girl you are beautiful and teeny tiny you DO NOT need a one piece bathing suit! You are a hot mom and sport that bikini and be proud! I love that you sat in the air conditioning wearing a sweatshirt buring a candle. You seriously made me laugh out loud. You and Curt have been away from each other so much lately and you are handling it so well. I am excited for you guys to get a home and be together as a family! Hang in there won't be much longer and you'll have a home and your hubby with you too! I miss talking with you and it's gonna suck in a few weeks when school starts back and you won't be there!

Adam and Beth said...

I LOVE the black & white dress...love it! and I wish I was skinny minnie so I could pull something like that off :)

You could def. do the bikini, Moe :) I just got back from the beach, and I cant believe some of the ladies that were trying to sport the bikini Man, their self confidence must have been through the roof!)...you definitely have the bod for it...GO FOR IT!!!