Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Spare A Prayer


My Dear Friends,

For those of you that have children of your own, children on the way, or plans to have some...some day, remember when you first started "trying" to have a baby and you kept it a big 'ol secret until that 12 week mark and then practically screamed it from the hilltops so the whole world would know? I definitely do...

Well, here's our story.

After a couple months of trying for baby # 2, I'm still not pregnant. This isn’t necessarily a problem and we surely don’t think something is “wrong”. But, Curt will be deploying with his squadron next September and if I'm not pregnant by Christmas, I'll be delivering this baby while he's away. We're completely prepared to do this, but of course would love to have him here at least for the delivery.

My request is this...

Please pray for our family over the next month in the hopes that we can get a "bun in the oven" before the new year!

Lots of Love and Thanks- C, M, and Miss A.

PS: So, technically I "named" Ava, as that was my first choice and the agreement was that Curt would win out on naming #2 as a fair trade. I, of course, have to like the name but if it's a stand still in the delivery room, as it was with Ava, he would win. Blah, blah, blah.

However... I've already fallen in love with potential baby girl number 2's name. (Which means I will naturally being having a boy...) ;)

Noelle Marie Dougherty.

"Marie" is in Curt's family as middle names passed down just as Ava "Elizabeth" is from my side of the family.

Soooo..... C'mon Noelle!!!!!!! Hurry up!!!!!!! ;)

Lastly, Tara did yet ANOTHER amazing job capturing our family in photographs and here is just a couple that I just LOVE! It’s so hard to choose... Tara is so talented!

www.tlohsephotography.com
www.tlohsephoto.com













7 comments:

Carrie said...

I've been wondering if baby #2 was in the works! Every time I saw that it was "Miller time" I thought, "shoot, she's not preggo" (you know I'd love it if we had two girlies that could play together...and I'm convinced they will once we finally live in the same place again). We're praying for you over at casa de Fogle!!!

Jennifer Magreevy said...

I've been waiting for an announcement, to be honest. Although you'd have to wait awhile to keep our simultaneous lives on the current path, because we aren't even trying yet. Maybe next year, but who knows. God might decide for us. :) Anyway, if you haven't already checked it out, get the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". It goes into so much depth about signs you are ovulating: not just temperature! That was really how I figured out when was a good day for conceiving. Its also a great book for helping you out to realize when NOT to have sex. :)

Anonymous said...

Many, many prayers for you my wonderful friend!! I can not wait to hear your wonderful news! Praying for Baby #2!!!!

Adam and Beth said...

Sending prayers your way!!! Can't wait for the news! and of course, another gorgeous name!

Jody, Shaye, Madelyn, and Delaney said...

Your family photos are GREAT! Ava, of course, beautiful! I do think the girls would be fun together... now if we only end up in the same place ever. Maddy makes me smile every day with her Independence, even though some days I want to pull my hair out at the ridiculousness of it all. :) Best wishes and think the new name is beautiful (sorry Curt) :)
x

Team Downing said...

You kids are in our prayers. Love the new pics!

Jen said...

Sending prayers that baby#2 is one her (or his) way!! Love the name Noelle! Andy said no to Nolan and Noelle though. I know it is cheesy but I also like Holly Noelle, esp for a Christmas baby!